The parents of the Chibok girls have said that they want the case closed
The parents of the Chibok girls have given up hope.
The mothers and fathers of the over 200 girls who were kidnapped from Chibok in Borno have lost hope that their daughters can be found alive.
They said that they had already performed funeral rites for their daughters in their minds and now only wanted to officially bury their corpses.
The girls were abducted 131 days ago and despite constant reassurances from the government that they would be found, they are still missing.
The parents are now urging the government to at least return their daughters’ bodies so that they can receive honourable burials.
This decision was revealed at the meeting of the #BringBackOurGirls movement in Abuja yesterday, August 22, 2014 in commemoration of the 130th day of the girls’ abduction.
The schoolgirls were kidnapped on April 14, 2014.